Join the SoCo Wood & Windows Team
Transforming the ordinary into the extraordinary.
Create >> Transform >> Thrive
We See You
We’ve all been there–living in a small town means there’s not a whole lot of career choices. It’s either start at the bottom of a faceless national company (that could care less about you as a person), or work at a dead-end small business with no opportunities to advance.
But what if there was another option? A career that values small business and local impact but also offers the chance to be seen, heard, and grow?
At SoCo Wood & Windows, that’s exactly what we’re setting out to do. Because we believe you deserve more than just a job–you deserve a fulfilling and meaningful career. (And actually get paid you what you’re worth!)
As an employee-centric business, we listen as much as we talk, we offer challenges to help you grow, and we actively strive to build a united team. But most importantly, we honor your special genius and match you with a position that highlights and amplifies your unique talent.
Interested? (We hope you are!)
Joining Us Is Easy
Check our website for openings, or shoot us your resume and cover letter. We always want to hear from talented, self-starting people.
Get to Know Each Other
Tell us about yourself and why you want to join us, then come meet our team and tour our awesome facilities.
Make a Difference
As a valued member of the team, you’ll help provide important products and services to our community.
Window Sales Representative
$40k – $65K depending on experience + commission, six-figure potential
SoCo Wood & Window is a building supply company that specializes in the sales of windows, doors, cabinets, and manufactures wood products based in Durango, CO. SoCo is looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, detail-oriented Window and Door sales professional who can successfully build relationships, promote quality products, and deliver exceptional service. The ability to strategically develop new relationships with prospective customers in the industry is of great importance.
The window sales representative will work with homeowners and building professionals in the Four Corners area to provide solutions for their window and door needs. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in building supply sales, excellent communication skills, is self-motivated, and experienced in the window/door industry. Knowledge of the industry, experience in Fenestration quoting programs, understanding residential building codes, and reading schedules/plans/blueprints are some of the key characteristics that will set you apart as an excellent candidate. Someone who is professional, ambitious, dependable, and excited by the opportunity to build an emerging business line at SoCo Wood & Windows.
SoCo Wood & Windows distributes for various manufacturers, such as Marvin, Andersen, Lincoln, and MI/Milgard. The ability to utilize quoting programs for each manufacturer will be a requirement. Any previous experience using quoting programs will help fast track the transition to new brands. We do not consider ourselves as a “high-pressure” sales company; instead, we partner with our customers to help them make the right decision for their specific project needs.
This person reports directly to the Sales Director. The position is to be based at our Durango location with a potential opportunity for some remote work.
- Meet prospective customers onsite or in office to discuss their window/door needs
- Consult customer and recommend appropriate products and solutions
- Ability to read plans/schedules to provide accurate quotes to the customer in a professional and timely manner
- Partner with the Sales Manager and Operations Manager on timelines, delivery schedules and resolve warranty and service concerns
- Maintain manufacturer and product knowledge within the changing/evolving Fenestration industry
- Meet and/or exceed sales goals
- Required Qualifications
- Familiarity with window/door manufacturers is preferred.
- Experience in quoting programs such as Paradigm, OMS, etc. is preferred.
- Knowledge of window types/functions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid time management and prioritization skills
- Positive attitude and team player
- Attention to detail and service-oriented
- Must be able to read and understand plans/blueprints.
- Valid driver’s license with dependable transportation
- Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Ability to Relocate
Durango, CO 81301: Relocate before starting work (Required)
What We Do
Focused on artisan-quality craftsmanship and incredible customer service, SoCo Wood & Windows offers contractors and homeowners a local option for high-quality doors, windows, cabinets, and standard and custom wood products.
With showrooms in Durango and Pagosa Springs, as well as a millworks and door shop, SoCo Wood & Windows carries on the rich tradition of woodworking and milling in Colorado.
We’re dedicated to creating and delivering high-quality products that inspire our customers to love the homes they live in. Driven by the momentum of over 60 years of creating beautiful homes, we aim to give both our clients and our employees the best experience possible.
That means we:
- never take shortcuts
- always adhere to the highest possible standards
- use only the finest quality materials
- deliver the highest levels of service
- stand behind every one of our products, every step of the way
- only work with trusted brands
We Support Living Wages
As part of La Plata County’s Thrive! Living Wage Coalition, SoCo Wood & Windows provides our team of dedicated employees with a living wage to enable them, their families, and the community to thrive.